The Wiltshire Local Offer
What is the Wiltshire Local offer?
Under the new legislation of the Families Act 2014 every school and academy has to display their offer of Special Needs Provision and services available in a SEN Information Report.
The Wiltshire Local Offer provides information and guidance on services for children and young people aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs.
Click below to visit the website
The SEN Information Report is our way of providing parents with information about how children with additional needs are provided for in our school. At Zouch Academy we welcome working with parents, as your child’s education and overall welfare is important.
- At Zouch Academy we recognise that EVERY child has the opportunity to be successful with their learning and achievements and that they can achieve their very best.
- Ensure that all learners’ individual and special needs are met effectively so that they receive their educational entitlement and given equal access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- Ensure that provision for learners with individual and special needs is central to curriculum planning. Teaching and learning will be differentiated appropriately so that learners may achieve high standards and make good progress for their abilities.
- Recognise and record students’ strengths and successes to encourage a positive self-image.
- All children are valued as individuals and are encouraged to be independent learners. They are given the best opportunities to fulfil their potential, including those who may face barriers to their learning. This document will help you understand the types of support that we offer at Zouch Academy.