School Hours & Holidays
Our school gates open at 08.40am and classroom doors close at 08.45am. Children arriving after 8.45 will need to come in and sign in at our main reception in our KS2 building.
|Key Stage 2||08.40am||12.00-13.00pm||15.10pm|
Absence From School During Term Time
Legal Background and DfE Guidelines extract… Whilst schools are required to consider parental requests for absence from school in term time, it still remains the legal duty of parents to ensure the regular attendance of a child of compulsory school age. Failure to do so could result in the Local Authority issuing a penalty notice or prosecuting the parents in the Magistrates Court.
DfE guidelines clearly state that absence from school can be taken in exceptional circumstances and this means that the parent must make a strong case for taking a child out of school in an academic year. Exceptional circumstances must be explained fully to the school who will then consider the request. Any medical appointments/procedures during school time are always authorised but school does require evidence such as appointment cards or letters.
Parents should not expect that schools would automatically agree to an absence from school during term time. All requests are at the discretion of the Principal and can only be authorised by the Principal or member of staff with designated authority in the absence of the Principal.
School Closure Due to Adverse Weather Conditions
Whilst we will do all we can to keep the school open I wanted to advise parents of our procedure if I do need to make the decision that we are unable to open.
A decision to close a school, either before or during the school day, will be recommended by the Principal and authorised by Dr Capstick. This decision should be made by 7.00am, in order to enable parents and colleagues to adjust their plans accordingly.
A school will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- Insufficient staff are able to come in to keep the school running safely (this is key for Zouch as we have many staff who drive a considerable distance daily).
- Conditions on site are dangerous.
- Conditions are considered to be or are anticipated to later become too hazardous for travel.
Once the decision has been made to close the school the Principal will ensure that:
– We have notified Spire FM, BBC Radio Wiltshire and BFBS.
Parents please listen out for announcement on all of the above radio stations.
– We will send out a text to parents’ phones announcing the school closure.
– We will publish information on Twitter
Please can all parents check that we have the most up to date mobile contact details
– We will update news of snow closure on the school’s website as well as reopening arrangements.